Volunteer to assist Panadavgad Rural Action Group. In exchange for help in delivering our projects and programs, we’ll provide free food and accommodation. You’ll enjoy and stay in a beautiful part of Maharashtra, meet new people and discover a part of India off of the beaten track..
Join our Volunteer team – Quick Checks
- Hours & Roster: 30 + hours a week
- What’s included? Free accommodation & all meals
- What’s Not Included? Flights, visa & volunteer travel insurance
- Physical work? Some of the construction work can be quite physically demanding depending on the season. We will let you know depending on when you apply.
- Selection process: Message us about yourself, relevant experience (if any), why you’d like to volunteer & the dates you would be available
Our projects are varied, some are essentials, such as the requirement for a rural ambulance. As a volunteer you help us deliver and assist with our programs. We are at the start up phase of our plan so there is a lot of construction and natural building to be done of different levels that contain practical knowledge about environmental issues, preparations of projects, finding materials, explanation and building of models and testing. We will be adding more and more details as fast as we can type.
Hours & Roster
- Your commitment: Volunteers help 5 hours a day.
- Sleeping: We provide free accommodation for volunteers.
- Linen & Laundry: We provide bedding. Laundry facilities are available.
- Eating: We provide all meals too.
- Transport: You can reach us from the nearest airport which is in Mumbai International,
Maharashtra via bus. We can provide more details on confirmation of stay.
Amenities & Preferences
- 4 volunteer places available.
- All ages welcome. Some of the work can be quite physically demanding. So be prepared. However, if you have anything you can offer, it is a gift.
- We can get you in and out of town most days, transport to more distant locations is generally very cheap though.
- Most people here are generally vegetarian. As such we serve vegetarian food to make things easier. If you crave meat there are plenty of good cheap cafes and restaurants in Wai.
Things to do and places to visit
On our doorstep is a relatively unknown tourist destination near Pune, the postcard town of Wai. This small town in Sitara district, is the first stop en-route to the bigger and more famous hill stations such as Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar and is an ideal monsoon spot near Pune.
Wai, has much to offer. A place of immense cultural and historical importance, of rivers and temples and lush beauty that begins here and seems to go on forever. As cinema buffs may be aware, Wai is also popular for the film shoots that have taken place here. Film shootings at Wai come as no surprise, especially since this monsoon spot, sports an enhanced cover of green after the rains.
Also known by the name of ‘Dakshin Kashi’, Wai attracts religious tourists for the many festivals that are celebrated with much pomp and glory across temples dotting the ghats of the Krishna River.
There are amazing opportunities for trekking in the mountains which surround us as well as the Dhom Dam (Panchgani) for those of you who enjoy the water, just 5km away. And you can’t go anywhere without tripping up over temples.
Visit our Beautiful Pandavgad pages to find out more about the http://www.pandavgad.in/beautiful-pandavgad/area,