Pandavgad Rural Action Group are working towards obtaining a 4×4 rural ambulance for the people of our community.
The area has never had an ambulance provision before and will use it primarily to transport very ill patients to the main District Hospital in Pune 100 kilometres (60 miles) away where services such as Surgery, Labour wards, and Paediatrics can be accessed. The nearest secondary medical facility to the community at Satara is more than 30 kilometres (21 miles) away, but the donated ambulance will service a 150-kilometre radius.
It’s not uncommon for a patient who is very ill to take two days getting to the hospital through a combination of walking and hitchhiking. We at the Pandavgad Rural Action feel this is unacceptable for the rural communities we serve, and if we can reduce this time and give speedier medical treatment more lives can be saved.
Due to the agricultural location of the Pandavgad area we cover it is important that the ambulance will be able to handle the terrain and un-surfaced roads common between the villages. We are looking to obtain an ambulance similar to the one shown in the picture below. A Mahindra chassis with 4×4 all wheel drive which should provide us with accessibility even in the 3 month long monsoon season.
The vehicle comes pre-fitted with to the following specifiation:
- Engine driven air conditioner
- Inverter with battery for power back up
- Emergency light bar with public address system
- Stretcher cum trolley for easy movement of patient
- Oxygen cylinder with pipeline
- Exterior graphic with logo and lettering
- FRP panel for interior
- Marine plywood with vinyl sheet flooring
- Extra blinkers lights for side
- Sofa for patient relatives
- Cabinet near stretcher for medical equipments
- S.S. finish cabinet for storage of medical equipments
- Provision for fitment for all life saving equipments
- Wash basin with foot operated pump
- IV hooks and pads
- Fitting of scoop stretcher
- Overhead medical cabinet
- Stainless steel waste bin – dry and wet.
We have been quoted a cost of Rs. 26 Lahks ($26,000 US) for the above vehicle.Details of quotation provided on request
This is the basic equipment needed to allow life support for critical patients and
- Oxygen tanks (2 L/hour X 4 hour) valves, Rs. 30,000/-
- B.P. Apparatus, Suction Machine Rs. 40,000/-
- Laryngoscope Rs. 12,000/-
- Guedel Airway, introtracheal tube Rs. 8,000/-
- I.V. set, Fluids, Syringesand needles Rs. 4,000/-
- I.V. fluids, and IV monitor Rs. 6,000/-
- Emergency Crash Cart Rs. 15,000/-
- Stretchers Rs. 10,000/-
The costs for the medical equipment amount to Rs. 124,000 — $ 2,600Quotation details provided on request.